Welcome to the BlogAboutGod!

This blog is all about God! His character, His promises, His love, His grace, His mercy, and His Son, Jesus Christ. It's a place to learn, ask questions, write the truth about His word, communicate with fellow believers and a way for those who want to learn all they can about our awesome Creator of the Universe and how He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for you and me and save us from our sin. Please be mindful of what you write and ask and let your words always honor the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If you are lost and without hope, you can find it here. If you are discouraged with the things the world offers and want something real, you can find it here. If you feel alone and no really cares or understands you, you can find the One who created you here. If you feel like God can never forgive you for the things you have done, you will learn the Truth that He can-- right here. I pray that God will bless what I write so that the hearts of all who read this blog are touched by His grace. I give all the honor and praise to Jesus our Savior. Amen!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Scripture for the day!

Hello everyone--
It was a really hard week last week. First with Angel and then working alot and not sleeping, then there was a very serious situation with my oldest daughter, and then I was sick over the weekend. So sick that I did not make it to my first service in my new church. When it rains it pours, I guess. And God must have big plans for this new church for me to be under such attack from the devil. I really tried to go to church because a friend had told me that, but it really was not realistic with my fever and chest hurting. So, after being emotionally distraught with the situation with my daughter and taking care of my dog round the clock and not getting enough sleep, I got sick.So, here i am sick as a dog taking care of my sick dog--LOL! Talking about the blind leading the blind--lol! Ok, enough bad jokes now:) , but all I could hear in my head was how --"ok, God I am waiting on you--waiting for you to heal. . . my daughter, my dog, and me"--not very patiently sometimes I might add, guiltily. But, he has been doing all three--little by little in His time, He has been healing Angel, me and in slow but steady ways, my daughter.  
Anyway, I found an In Touch magazine(Charles Stanley) at my aunt's today and it was entitled "waiting on God"---Isn't He just amazing? I saw that title and just laughed out loud! How does God do that?!!?  He knows us so well and touches our hearts in these wonderful ways if we are only paying attention. Thank you God for loving us so!
Charles Stanley talks about what patience looks like in the first article and tells us that it takes Faith, Sensitivity, Wisdom, Obedience, Courage, Perseverance, and Forbearance.

Colossians 3: 12-17 tells us that we must be patient in the following ways--"Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering (another word for patience); bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
That is alot of verses, but I can make it simple for you. If you let the peace of God rule in your hearts by daily letting the word of Christ dwell in you, you will be able to be patient and longsuffering with others and with whatever God is working on in your life.
Til next time. . .may the peace of Christ reign in your life always:)

No comments: