Welcome to the BlogAboutGod!

This blog is all about God! His character, His promises, His love, His grace, His mercy, and His Son, Jesus Christ. It's a place to learn, ask questions, write the truth about His word, communicate with fellow believers and a way for those who want to learn all they can about our awesome Creator of the Universe and how He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for you and me and save us from our sin. Please be mindful of what you write and ask and let your words always honor the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If you are lost and without hope, you can find it here. If you are discouraged with the things the world offers and want something real, you can find it here. If you feel alone and no really cares or understands you, you can find the One who created you here. If you feel like God can never forgive you for the things you have done, you will learn the Truth that He can-- right here. I pray that God will bless what I write so that the hearts of all who read this blog are touched by His grace. I give all the honor and praise to Jesus our Savior. Amen!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Scripture for the day!

Hey everybody:)
I hadn't realized that it has been five days since I last wrote a post--OMGosh- I have been so busy! Anyway, I am back on track now and ready to post the Scripture for today!
 Today's verse is simple and profound (as are so many Scriptures of course) but this one is like my mantra and my signature verse. As many of you know, I struggle with a tumultuous relationship with my older daughter, Helen and this past week has tested me once again. I have had some wonderful Christian women counsel me on this and speak the truth of God's Word to me, so I am very grateful for them and they are helping me to continue to grow in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank God for them all:) So, in light of all that the verse today is Psalm 46: 10 "Be still and know that I am God."   
 What that means in my life and for the situation with my daughter is that I cannot force the situation with her. I cannot force the healing or the negativity to stop from my ex-husband. God is in control and either I believe that or I don't. And if I do believe it-it means that I must trust that He has both our best interests at heart and He will work things out in His timing. And if I seek His face and pray for peace to help me get through this until the healing happens, He will be with me and guide me and comfort me through it all! I PRAISE YOU GOD FOR THAT !!!!
I hope this example helps you figure out what this verse means for your life:) May God bless you in all you are going through and may you seek His face above all else!

No comments: