Welcome to the BlogAboutGod!

This blog is all about God! His character, His promises, His love, His grace, His mercy, and His Son, Jesus Christ. It's a place to learn, ask questions, write the truth about His word, communicate with fellow believers and a way for those who want to learn all they can about our awesome Creator of the Universe and how He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for you and me and save us from our sin. Please be mindful of what you write and ask and let your words always honor the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If you are lost and without hope, you can find it here. If you are discouraged with the things the world offers and want something real, you can find it here. If you feel alone and no really cares or understands you, you can find the One who created you here. If you feel like God can never forgive you for the things you have done, you will learn the Truth that He can-- right here. I pray that God will bless what I write so that the hearts of all who read this blog are touched by His grace. I give all the honor and praise to Jesus our Savior. Amen!

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Scripture for the day!

Hey everyone:)
Did my first service as worship leader in my new church this morning! Praise God it went well! Two people gave their lives to Christ-Hallelujah! Pastor Jim talked about greatness today. We are in the book of Nehemiah and he is focusing on the greatness of Nehemiah's leadership in building the wall; that it is a "great work" for the LORD and how "great" the LORD is to give him the power to complete the wall. Lots of life lessons in that for me. I want to build a "great" worship team to praise our "great" God and fulfill his calling for me in a manner of "greatness". I want to complete my schooling with "greatness" and finish the race well! And I am counting on God to heal the relationship with my daughter in a "great" and healthy way! What are you doing in your life that you can work on to achieve greatness and trust the LORD to help you complete? Whether it is waitressing, working on a construction site, taking care of your children, or managing others in the marketplace, etc. God wants us to do our very best and trust in Him for the results. We serve an awesome and GREAT God! We must honor Him by doing everything we do in a manner of "greatness"!  
Nehemiah 6: 3 is Nehemiah's response to Sanballat, Tobiah, Geshem and other enemies about not being sidetracked or drawn away from the task God called him to do. It reads: "So I replied by sending this message to them; "I am engaged in a great work, so I can't come. Why should I stop working to come and meet with you?" Nehemiah understood that his task from God was of "great" importance and nothing should take precedence over that!
Thank you, God for the lessons in the book of Nehemiah! Help us all to learn from this and live it out in our daily tasks and everything we do! AMEN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things went well for you on your first Sunday. It's nice to read your blog and keep up with you this way. Miss you! Deb

Unknown said...

I miss you too Deb:( I will come back soon to visit I hope!
Love ya, Jennifer