Welcome to the BlogAboutGod!

This blog is all about God! His character, His promises, His love, His grace, His mercy, and His Son, Jesus Christ. It's a place to learn, ask questions, write the truth about His word, communicate with fellow believers and a way for those who want to learn all they can about our awesome Creator of the Universe and how He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for you and me and save us from our sin. Please be mindful of what you write and ask and let your words always honor the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If you are lost and without hope, you can find it here. If you are discouraged with the things the world offers and want something real, you can find it here. If you feel alone and no really cares or understands you, you can find the One who created you here. If you feel like God can never forgive you for the things you have done, you will learn the Truth that He can-- right here. I pray that God will bless what I write so that the hearts of all who read this blog are touched by His grace. I give all the honor and praise to Jesus our Savior. Amen!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Scripture for the day!

Hey everyone--Went to the new church this morning:) played and sang for worship-I led one of the songs. My official first service is the week after next. I can't tell you how much I will miss Ridgeview and my church family:(
Today went well though-we had a wear your favorite football team paraphernalia day-in honor of the SuperBowl and Pastor Jim's sermon was entitled Extreme Team! 
I played on a Casio Keyboard-wow! is that a switch from a grand piano at Ridgeview!

Anyway, two Scriptures for the day, today. The first is from Hebrews 11 and the second is from James--great verses on faith because that is what I am living on right now-Faith! But even more importantly, Faith with obedience through action and deeds! Faith --that God will grow this church , Faith--that He will provide for my needs through serving Him (including supplying a real piano--lol!), Faith--that I will honor Him in taking this leap of faith with the new church plant, and Faith--that my fabulous friends and family from Ridgeview will not forget me, and Faith-that I will continue to grow and mature in the image of Christ to be a light for the lost!

Hebrews 11: 1--"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." When you take a leap of faith you do just that! You are totally trusting in God without any evidence of that what you are about to do will succeed or not ! You trust Him on His Word and His fulfilled promises of the past alone!

James 2: 22 is talking about Abraham and how it was credited to him as righteousness  for his faith had actions. "You see, his faith and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith complete." 
I love the wording of that verse! it is from the New Living Translation--
Have a blessed evening:)
Jennifer

No comments: