Welcome to the BlogAboutGod!

This blog is all about God! His character, His promises, His love, His grace, His mercy, and His Son, Jesus Christ. It's a place to learn, ask questions, write the truth about His word, communicate with fellow believers and a way for those who want to learn all they can about our awesome Creator of the Universe and how He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for you and me and save us from our sin. Please be mindful of what you write and ask and let your words always honor the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If you are lost and without hope, you can find it here. If you are discouraged with the things the world offers and want something real, you can find it here. If you feel alone and no really cares or understands you, you can find the One who created you here. If you feel like God can never forgive you for the things you have done, you will learn the Truth that He can-- right here. I pray that God will bless what I write so that the hearts of all who read this blog are touched by His grace. I give all the honor and praise to Jesus our Savior. Amen!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Scripture for the day!

Hello friends-- So excited--got an "A" on my paper (66 pgs total-35 written on the thesis) and my oral defense of it!! Praise God! I really thought that I would get a "B" and so I am very excited and pleased. I loved doing the paper and these blogs so much. I know I was a little stressed by the deadline aspect-for those of you who know me-lol! But,I learned so much and I have drawn closer to the Lord because of it. The Scripture today will be the Scripture I used for the biblical basis of my paper- Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.” I just want to give you a taste of my paper and what it was about and how it has matured me in my faith. I have copied and pasted some sections from the Intro and from the Theological and Biblical Reflection portion of the paper: "When Christians combine the power of the Internet with the awesome power of God’s Word; there are very exciting opportunities for reaching the lost, the unchurched, Christians who want more discipleship, and even Christians who need to renew their faith. There are Bible study websites, Christian dating sites, and most churches have their own websites (there is no proven statistic, but it is estimated that 69 % to 78% of churches in America have their own websites). One specific way that the above mentioned opportunities are presently available is through the weblog or ‘blog’ for short. The purpose of this paper will be to examine if the blog can be a successful evangelistic tool. Can a blog, secular or Christian reach the lost and bring them to a decision for Christ? After some research, it was found that Christian blogs do not always attract the unsaved or unchurched. In fact, it is possible that a Christian blog and all the language used in it can actually discourage an unsaved person. However, a secular blog can be used to build a relationship with the non-Christian by connecting with people through felt needs and interests. The blog can then expand into an evangelistic tool that gradually explains and provides a basis for understanding the Gospel and bringing someone to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. For the purposes of this paper, both types of blogs, Christian and secular will be examined and tested to determine which type is most successful in leading the lost to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Leon Morris interprets Hebrews 4:12 by stating, “Living and active shows that there is a dynamic quality about God’s revelation. It does things. Specifically it penetrates and, in this capacity, is likened to a ‘double-edged sword’. The Word of God is unique. No sword can penetrate as it can. What the author is saying is that God’s Word can reach to the innermost recesses of our being . . . The Word of God passes judgment on men’s feelings and on their thoughts. Nothing evades the scope of this Word.” Psalm 119:10-16 has one of the most beautiful and eloquent descriptions of God’s Word than anywhere else in the Bible. As is clearly evident, it comes from the heart of the psalmist and his love for God. The psalmist writes, “I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you, LORD; teach me your decrees. With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth. I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches. I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.” Oh, what a world it would be if all Christians hungered and thirsted for the Word of the Lord as the psalmist does here. I am very excited to write this section of the project. I absolutely loved working on and learning about all the new computer language and skills needed for blogging and how to post effectively on the blog. Jennifer’s Jeremiah 29:11 is all about God and who He is in my life. God is the most important person in my life now more than ever before, so I never run out of things to write about. I am more than passionate about God, so I always want to write about Him.I especially loved what this project has done for my relationship with the Lord. The impact that this project has had on my life in general and most spectacularly on my relationship with God is nothing short of profound and amazing. I have always been a believer in God. I have always believed that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and that he lived a human life on earth, died on the cross and was buried and resurrected. But I never had a relationship with Him until I was born again in 1997. And even then I did not truly live for Him as I have been during the last 3 years of my life while I have been in school. The Scripture for the day posts on Jennifer’s Jeremiah 29:11 have fueled the momentum of writing for this paper (see Appendices 23 - 25). I have grown closer to the Lord and He is continuing to nurture and mature me in my faith. And as I have gone through each trial and joy, He has been there every step of the way guiding me, teaching me, loving me, and encouraging me. It makes me want to sing. I did a search on biblegateway.com typing in the phrase ‘sing to the Lord’ and it came up with so many verses, it was hard to choose. I decided on the following two verses because they say what I want to proclaim: “Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation” (Psalm 95: 1). “Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth (Psalm 96: 1).” This is the same feeling I have when I am blogging and share the Scripture for the day posts. I am inspired and encouraged to bless people." It is really hard to just pick and choose sections out of the paper--there is so much to this-which is why I guess the paper was 35 pages---LOL! And I probably could have written more. I know this is a lot for one post-YA' THINK??!?!but I wanted it to make sense--I hope this does-lol! As always, would love to hear your thoughts and comments:)

No comments: