Welcome to the BlogAboutGod!

This blog is all about God! His character, His promises, His love, His grace, His mercy, and His Son, Jesus Christ. It's a place to learn, ask questions, write the truth about His word, communicate with fellow believers and a way for those who want to learn all they can about our awesome Creator of the Universe and how He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for you and me and save us from our sin. Please be mindful of what you write and ask and let your words always honor the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If you are lost and without hope, you can find it here. If you are discouraged with the things the world offers and want something real, you can find it here. If you feel alone and no really cares or understands you, you can find the One who created you here. If you feel like God can never forgive you for the things you have done, you will learn the Truth that He can-- right here. I pray that God will bless what I write so that the hearts of all who read this blog are touched by His grace. I give all the honor and praise to Jesus our Savior. Amen!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Scripture for the day!

Hello everyone and Happy Easter--
I know Easter was yesterday, but I was still on a break--I took a mini vacation after I turned my paper in. Just needed a break from everything--to get some rest and regroup:)
I hope you had a blessed and joyful Easter! I know I did--it is my favorite celebration of all:) More than ever I understand and appreciate the real meaning of it--it's just so awesome what Jesus did for us--dying on the cross and taking my punishment for my sins. I am more grateful for that than I have ever been and because He rose from the dead we have the blessed assurance that He is alive and at work within us--Hallelujah! That's a reason to be joyful! Without the resurrection--there would be no Christian faith. It is the basis for what we believe as Christ followers! It gives us hope that we will not die the death we deserve--that we will be with the Lord forever and ever! Praise God!
Let's spread the Good News of the Gospel:)

Today's Scripture is about the disciples, Thomas in particular, and how they did not believe at first that Jesus had risen from the dead.
In John 20: 26-29 (NKJV) it states "And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!" Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands, and reach your hand here and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing." And Thomas answered and said to Him,"My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Thomas because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
This gives me such encouragement for I have not seen Him but I most definitely believe and He says that I will be blessed for that and I have! I have always believed-- I can't remember a time when I didn't believe it--I have not always followed Him, but I have always believed--and I praise God for that! It has kept me going through some of my darkest times. And now that I am living out my belief,  I am more joyful and content than I have ever been. Thank you Jesus!

Do you believe? Do you truly believe He rose from the dead? If not, ask God for the faith to believe and He will grant you the faith and change your life forever!:)
Do you believe like I have, but have not always followed Him as you needed to? Today, ask God to give you the courage and strength and will to start following Him again. He will answer your prayers, Scripture tells us He will--then you will know the joy and peace that I am experiencing!
I will pray these things for you and if you ever need to chat or ask questions--I am here!
God Bless, Jennifer

No comments: