Welcome to the BlogAboutGod!

This blog is all about God! His character, His promises, His love, His grace, His mercy, and His Son, Jesus Christ. It's a place to learn, ask questions, write the truth about His word, communicate with fellow believers and a way for those who want to learn all they can about our awesome Creator of the Universe and how He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for you and me and save us from our sin. Please be mindful of what you write and ask and let your words always honor the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If you are lost and without hope, you can find it here. If you are discouraged with the things the world offers and want something real, you can find it here. If you feel alone and no really cares or understands you, you can find the One who created you here. If you feel like God can never forgive you for the things you have done, you will learn the Truth that He can-- right here. I pray that God will bless what I write so that the hearts of all who read this blog are touched by His grace. I give all the honor and praise to Jesus our Savior. Amen!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Scripture for the day!

Good Saturday Morning to All!
I want to say thank you first of all-- for your prayers for the other day when I was really struggling. God is awesome and honored your prayers-- for as the day went on I felt more and more comfort and did feel the peace that passes understanding to continue on with my paper and be productive. Thank you, Lord!

The countdown is on for my paper . . . stressful, exciting, overwhelming and fun all rolled into one! LOL!

The Scripture that comes to mind today is Hebrews 12: 1-2. Although these verses are about finishing our 'race of faith' here on earth, they are also applicable to everything we pursue in the name of the Lord.

" . . let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

I have been using the metaphor of a race of faith with my paper. I see it as I must not only endure to finish it, I want to finish well and strong. I have spent the last three years of my life focusing on school and doing well and God has done and is doing an amazing work in my life--growing and maturing me in my faith. And during times like the other day when I really felt like I could not even work on my paper due to the heaviness of my burden, I turned to God for comfort and to ease my burden and of course He answered my prayer-AMEN! I know that if I kept my eyes on Him, I would be able to go on and finish; and even more-- finish well! If Jesus endured what He did on the Cross, can I not endure my pain to honor Him with excellent work on my paper? Can I even compare my pain to the absolute sorrow He felt on the Cross? Compare is not really the right word I guess but, I know that He understands my pain because He experienced pain, too! And I know that even though we suffer here on earth, the joy awaiting us in heaven will be so much greater you cannot compare it!

Do you know you are going to experience that joy in heaven? Do you have that blessed assurance? Would you like to know it?
I can help you find out how to receive that peace and joy that only Jesus Christ can give! Just leave me a comment and I will do all I can to help you take that first step of faith. My prayers are with you:) Jennifer

No comments: