Welcome to the BlogAboutGod!

This blog is all about God! His character, His promises, His love, His grace, His mercy, and His Son, Jesus Christ. It's a place to learn, ask questions, write the truth about His word, communicate with fellow believers and a way for those who want to learn all they can about our awesome Creator of the Universe and how He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for you and me and save us from our sin. Please be mindful of what you write and ask and let your words always honor the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If you are lost and without hope, you can find it here. If you are discouraged with the things the world offers and want something real, you can find it here. If you feel alone and no really cares or understands you, you can find the One who created you here. If you feel like God can never forgive you for the things you have done, you will learn the Truth that He can-- right here. I pray that God will bless what I write so that the hearts of all who read this blog are touched by His grace. I give all the honor and praise to Jesus our Savior. Amen!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Scripture for the day!

Good Morning everyone-
I am still in the book of 1 Thessalonians and read one of my favorite passages this morning:
1 Thess. 5: 16-18 which says; "Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
Imagine if all Christians lived this out daily! What a witness we would be for the lost in this world! I am also doing the 21day fast (Awakening) and have decided to watch less TV and memorize more Scripture. I heard Gary Smalley talk about it on Focus on the Family not too long ago and it was very convicting . He spoke of the immense blessings that come when you have Scripture in your heart and can call it up at a moment's notice. One of the most important blessings is how it brings you closer to God in so many ways. I am really wanting that in my life right now. I want to know God just because He is God and not just to get things from Him. Pray for me as strive to do that daily and I will pray the same for all of you.
Would love to see some comments:)!!!!!!!!!!
Have a Scripture filled day!

No comments: