Welcome to the BlogAboutGod!

This blog is all about God! His character, His promises, His love, His grace, His mercy, and His Son, Jesus Christ. It's a place to learn, ask questions, write the truth about His word, communicate with fellow believers and a way for those who want to learn all they can about our awesome Creator of the Universe and how He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die for you and me and save us from our sin. Please be mindful of what you write and ask and let your words always honor the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. If you are lost and without hope, you can find it here. If you are discouraged with the things the world offers and want something real, you can find it here. If you feel alone and no really cares or understands you, you can find the One who created you here. If you feel like God can never forgive you for the things you have done, you will learn the Truth that He can-- right here. I pray that God will bless what I write so that the hearts of all who read this blog are touched by His grace. I give all the honor and praise to Jesus our Savior. Amen!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Scripture for the day!

Wow! I can't believe it's been over a month since I have posted last! I guess I have kind of taken a break from the world lately and haven't been motivated to post . . .

Anyway, felt like I wanted to share today--I just finished reading The Shack. I know it is controversial at best and that some think it is sacrilegious . . . but I had to read it while I was studying for my Masters in Christian Ministry and decided to read it again about a week ago--just cause . . .
I believe that regardless of what others think as long as you are grounded in Scripture you will be able to discern for yourself what it is about.  I do believe the aspect of being in relationship with God that the book centers on is biblical. That is what the Bible is about --being in a relationship with Jesus!
The Trinity issues? Well, you either believe it or you don't--I do! The Trinity is real and if this is how someone tries to explain it so they can understand it or live it in real life--then hey---whom am I to judge--LOL! (read the book:))
If nothing else--it makes you think . . .
Would love to hear your thoughts!
 John 14:6 ---Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

No comments: